Do a 'city walk' through the ancient town centre on foot. This can be done in the following ways:
- Get directions with background information at Alkmaar VVV (tourist information) on the Waagplein. -For children there is a city walk with a 'hunting game'.
- Book a tourguide at the VVV Alkmaar or the 'Alkmaar Guild' for a complete tour of Alkmaar
- Walking with the kids? Take the Elfendeurtjesroute! (special children's route)
- Want to wander the road less travelled? Find out more here.
Feel like a walk elsewhere in the municipality of Alkmaar? Check here:
- Route.nl. Tip: hiking trail 181363 through the nature reserve the Eilandspolder.
-Hiking network Noord-Holland. Tip: woodlands hiking trail Alkmaar
- VVV.nl. Tip: Herring & Hemp walking route.
- Routeyou.com. Tip: a great tour of all the famous Alkmaar monuments.
- Free app: Abellife. Tip: the tea gardens walking route through Alkmaar and Oudorp.
Discover the beautiful medieval city of Alkmaar and its traditional Cheese Market with a top-rated group tour! The owner of Alkmaar Tours, Jennifer, is a Canadian who has been living in Alkmaar since 2015. She is passionate about living in the Netherlands and in Alkmaar! Her tours are fun, informative and give an insightful look into the Dutch culture and way of life. Join Jennifer as she not only takes you to Alkmaar’s most important attractions, but you will also wander off the beaten track and experience the ‘real’ Alkmaar. Tour sizes are kept small ensuring a personalised experience for everyone!
Alkmaar Tours offers Cheese Market Tours, City Walking Tours as well as Private Tours. Tours can be booked directly online via the Alkmaar Tours website on www.AlkmaarTours.com or you can email Jennifer directly at email@example.com.
Fancy a beautiful village walk? The beautiful 'Alkmaar' village of De Rijp has a lot of monuments along with nice shops and picturesque canals! By far the best way to explore De Rijp is with a walking tour through the village. Background information is available from the Tourist Office in the town hall. A walk through De Rijp with a tourist guide is possible with groups of 10 people or more.